Friday, February 19, 2010

Sharing the Beautiful Blogger Awards love


Happy Days! A big thanks to Jessica over at La Fin DuMond Farm who has kindly bestowed on me the Beautiful Blogger Award; my first ever award!

Hey so now I get to pay it forward and choose 15 rockin' blogs that I've come across on my blogging journey. It was a hard task to narrow down to just 15 blogs given all the great ones out there, but here they are in no particular order...

Blog to Fabulous -  I feel inspired to continue on my weight loss journey when I read Kellie Marie's blog.
The Suburban Jungle - Angela gives great advice on how to make money from your blog and has some fab reviews and give aways.
Dsheray Dish It Out - I love Dsheray's relationship advice and celeb goss.
Danimezza - a fellow Aussie blogger, I love Danielle's writing style and updates on family life.
Coffee Mugs and Sippy Cups - Alicia discusses everyday parenting issues we can all relate to.
Musings of a Geriatric Mummy - Like Geriatric Mummy I'm also a later in life mum.
Theta Mom - I like Theta Mom Heather's philosophy on motherhood; we're not perfect and shouldn't try to be.
The Single Mother Chronicles - Swati has great tips for single and partnered parents.
Wannabe WAHM - like Wannabe WAHM I'd love to be my own boss and work from home.
The (Un)experienced Mom - a SAHM like me who is also proudly 'undomesticated'.
Mummy Time - another fellow Aussie, Brenda's a funny mummy blogger. She's cracks me up every time.
CakeBlast - Larry H. is a daddy blogger who posts product reviews and giveaways.
Livit Luvit - hillarious musings on day to day life from LiLu.
Life in the Fifties - great posts from Fiftiesmom on being a 50 year old mum to 3 young adults still living at home.
World of Mamay Jane - I love Jane's blogging enthusiasm and cute stories.




So guys...here are the rules to receiving the Beautiful Blogger award:

1. Thank the person(s) that nominated you; link to the person that gave you the award!

2. Pass this award on to 15 bloggers you’ve discovered and think are fantastic.

3. Contact said Blogs; let them know they've won!

4. State 7 things about yourself

So last but not least, here's 7 things about me:

  1. I'm absolutely addicted to Judge Judy; shamelessly so. I'll even watch the repeats on occasion to get my daily Judy fix. It's not so much the muppets that appear on the show but her razor sharp mind and dry wit that appeals. I find that I often have need to use Judge Judyisms on fiance, namely: 'I don't believe you!', 'Is the word stupid written across my forehead?' and my favourite, and most frequently used, 'The table didn't have 3 beers and get up and move!!!'
  2. I'm a later in life mum having given birth to my son at the tender age of 38. Becoming a mum has been far more rewarding than anything I've done career wise, but it wasn't without an ensuing identity crisis, a few teary nights and some 'what the hell do I do now' moments. But I came through the other side with a renewed sense of self and a beautiful little boy who brings me joy everyday.
  3. I'm really looking forward to turning 40 this year and having a big knees up. They say that 50 is the new 40 which makes 40 the new 30! After spending the last couple of years of my 30s redefining myself and rediscovering my passions, I think my 40s are my decade to shine.
  4. I love sleep. Now I know that most people like to sleep, but I LOVE sleep. Scientists say that you need 8 hours sleep a night to function but I'm more of a 10 hours a night person, otherwise forget it. I'm lucky that my son takes after his mummy and also loves to sleep - he's a 14 hours a night boy so I'm in heaven! Which leads me to fact 5....
  5. ....Coffee! Even after 10 hours sleep I don't come to life in the morning until I've had one to two cups of the black stuff. It's my main vice now I'm a mummy and Jack Daniels has had to take a back seat.
  6. I still can't fit back into my pre pregnancy clothes some 14 months after having my son but I'm getting there slowly - 11.6kgs and counting. I also have a lovely C-Section belly flap, also known as mother's apron, however I like to call it my baby trophy and jiggle it with pride.
  7. Ultimately I'd love to be a WAHM, be my own boss, set my own hours and make a decent living for myself and family. That's not too much to ask is it? 

27 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this award! Always means a lot when another blogger recognizes you...thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog,glad I found ya through Friday Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on Friday follow. Congrats on the blog award. Signed up to follow. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Friday Follower! I hope you can follow me too! http;//1craftymommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award! And thank you sooo much for passing it along to me!

    Always cool to meet another wannabe wahm! Do you have any ideas about what you would like to do? Let's talk =)

    www.thewannabewahm.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting your first award!!!!

    Happy Friday!! I am a new follower!!

    Sarah


    sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you through Friday Follow and just LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through Friday Follow and have really enjoyed your posts. I'm the same age as you with a 9 and 7 year old and I can relate to many of the things you've mentioned. Happy Mommahood!!! I now follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have loved reading through your blog here for several minutes. You're quite funny :) I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You deserve it new 30's mom ;)
    I totally agree with the sleeping. Every day should begin at noon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the award- it's my first. I'm reading the rules and getting ready to post my winners but it's hard to choose. My kids, who think that it's a bit weird that I've started blogging, may be impressed when I tell them I have a new friend in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flying in on a Friday Follow red-eye special to say hello!

    Would love to see you at my blog! www.goodbadandgottahave.com

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your award. You so deserve it.

    Tami
    www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Nic, just stopping by to give you a big wet kiss for this awesome award. Mwahs and more mwahs to yah. I'm glad I can make you smile.=)

    PS. I have the mummytummy too. I wear it with pride. Sometimes. Ahem. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you SO much for this award Nic! You are SO sweet and I am honored (aww...shucks...). I love your blog too!

    Hey I need lots of sleep too but my daughter has never slept more than 8 hours - grrr...and it took me a mere 5 YEARS to get back to pre-pregnancy clothes but some stuff never shifts back up or in if ya know what I mean - double grrr...

    xoxox - Swati

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, I'm honored to be included! Thanks hon. ;-)

    I absolutely love you for #6. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks guys for all your comments! To all the new followers from Fri Follow, thanks am now following you all back!

    Thanks also for all the congrats I feel all blogged up :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!
    Happy FF...a few days late! Love your blog! Would be great to have a visit from you.

    mommysblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by to say hello with Friday Follow. Hope you have had a fantastic weekend.

    Felissa

    Please stop by my new blog and say hello
    www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com

    www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Friday follow on Monday. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Popped round to see you and am now a follower - I'm also an older mum - I was 45 when I had my little girl! Maybe you'll drop by to see me too and meet my family! Well done on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Nic,
    Thank you very much for the award and congrats to you too!
    I really appreciated it and it means a lot to me because it is also my very first award.;)
    I am now planning to pass it forward but it will be really a tough thing to do.
    I loved your blog by the way.;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am curious with Friday Follow, what is it?
    Thank you again because your award is very flattering to a new blogger like me and it encouraged me to write more blogs.
    By the way, can I still include your blog to my 15 awards?
    God bless you and your family! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jane,

    Am glad to have passed it on, you deserve it! On Friday (US time) head across to Friday Follow on either www.heartsmakefamilies.com, www.one2try.blogspot.com or www.middayescapades.com, and add your blog to the McKlinky. Then follow the top 3 blogs and as many other blogs as you like. It's a great way to find new blogs and get new followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just dropping by from Friday Follow.. I'm following you..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the award! This is a great list. I'm new to blogging and found you through MBC. I loo forward to checking out your recommendations!

    Please check out my blog at www.imfindingmyweigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete